ASPERGILOSIS IN THE SUSPECTED TO THE TUBERCULOSIS PATIENTS
Dr. Charanpreet Singh*
Pulmonary aspergillosis indicates to fungal infection of respiratory tract which is caused by Aspergillus species with clinical presentation of illness, severity depending on condition. These infections are similar to tuberculosis. Therefore this disease can misdiagnose and mistreated as tuberculosis. Opportunistic infection of fungal in respiratory have distributed worldwide. In comparision to the tuberculosis fungal disease are more pathogens in immune comprised or exhausting patients. Most opportunistic pathogenic fungi are Aspergillus species and candida species. Infection of respiratory with Aspergillus can lead to clinical syndromes, from rapidly to fatal acute invasive infection to chronic pulmonary disease. Chronic and allergic forms of pulmonary aspergillosis are commonly considered as worldwide public health issue. Therefore common forms of aspergillosis or chronic pulmonary aspergillosis lead to secondary tuberculosis. The proportion of people suffering from tuberculosis each year is stable worldwide because of population growth. Allergic forms and chronic aspergillosis are more common than invasive disease, which have been relatively neglected. Aim and Objective: The objective of this study is to determine the co infection with clinical manifestations and outcomes of pulmonary aspergillosis with pulmonary tuberculosis in a tertiary care hospital and help to understand the nature of disease to improve the clinical outcome. Method: Total 150 sputum samples were collected from the patients attending to the hospital and processed in the lab for this study. Samples were processed by direct microscopy and fungal culture on two sets of Sabouraus Dextrose Agar. For the analysis of Acid Fast Bacilli (AFB) Zn Stain and Auramine-phenol fluorochrome technique was applied. Result: Aspergillus fumigates and commonly isolated species from suspected of pulmonary tuberculosis in this study. Out of total sample, 96(64%) were males and remaining 54(36%) were females and from the age group 0-60 years male participants were higher than female participants with a mean age of 25 years. 33(22%) were infected Aspergillus sp. In age group 20 to30 years (25.3%) was found as highest prevalence. None was found to be infected from the age group 0 to 10 years. 26(17.3%) were infected with mycobacterium tuberculosis in which age group 20 to 30 years (44.7%) was found that highest prevalence. None was found to be infected from the age group 0 to 10 years. 8(5.3%) patients were found to be infected with both infections as co-infection of Aspergillus Species - Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Conclusion: Aspergillosis commonly infected with A. fumigates and commonly isolated species from suspected of pulmonary tuberculosis in this study. Therefore it shows that the importance of aspergilosis as one of the diagnostic criteria in suspected as well as infected with tuberculosis. This study shows that aspergillosis is more common in middle age equal or above 30 years which can be accounted their immunity due to tuberculosis.
Keywords: Prevalence, Tuberculosis, Aspergillosis.
[Full Text Article]