CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL CORRELATION OF HODGKIN LYMPHOMA AN IMMUNOPROFILE AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE
Nafisa Awadh Mansoor* and Sultan Al-Kubati
Introduction: Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) is a lymphoid malignancy that amounts for less than 1% of all de novo neoplasms occurring every year globally and nearly 30% of all lymphomas. Objectives: To evaluate the expression of several immunohistochemical markers on formalin fixed tissue, paraffin embedded sections of Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes and correlate them with age, sex and site. Methods: A total of 14 cases of Hodgkin lymphoma collected during two years 2012-2013. H&E, IHC were done. The markers used were CD30,CD15, CD20,CD3, LCA, EMA using En Vision system. Results: All cases were Classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL), 42.9% were males, 57.1% were females. nodular sclerosis 14.3% were males, 42.9% were females with a total of 57.1%, with M:F ratio 1:3, mixed cellularity 21.4% were males and 14.3% were females, with a total of 35.7%, with the M:F ratio 1.5:1, unclassified cHL was a male patient 7.1%. The most common age group affected was â‰¤ 29 (64.3%) followed by 30-59, (21.4%). Most of the cases were nodal 92.9% with cervical anatomic localization predominant 50% and only 7.1% extranodal in the breast which is a rare location. In respect to phenotyping, CD30 was positive in all the cases 100%, CD15 was positive in 50% of the cases, CD20 was positive in 14.3% of the cases, CD3, LCA, EMA were negative in all. Conclusions: IHC is a very important investigation for HL and other lymphomas and for immunotherapy. The most common subtype of HL was nodular sclerosis with female predominant, followed by mixed cellularity. The most common age group affected was â‰¤ 29 (64.3%). Most of the cases were nodal with cervical predominant, except one extranodal in the breast. CD30 expressed in all cases, while CD15 expressed in 50%, CD20 expressed in 14.3%.
Keywords: Hodgkin lymphoma, immunhistochemistry, Yemen.
[Full Text Article]